The adoption of appropriate ethical behavior is the responsibility of all the staff within Mitre The management believes this to be fundamental to our continued focus on maintaining excellent customer service and to safeguarding our reputation.
The culture and core values of our business include the following:
- Honesty and integrity.
- Open communication.
- Individual accountability and responsibility.
- Fair and equitable treatment of our staff.
We are committed to operating within the law of each and every jurisdiction in which we operate and to the highest ethical standards. We can only do so given the integrity and commitment of our staff, who should adopt the following key principles:
- Act with the highest degree of integrity, morality and honesty in all matters.
- Comply with all relevant laws and regulations in their respective countries.
- Not participate in any activity that might result in a conflict of interest with any group company.
- Not accept or offer anything of value in the nature of an inducement, facilitation payment or bribe.
- Report or present all information in a balanced, transparent and prompt manner; and
- Not use company assets or information other than in the interests of the company, unless obliged by law or regulation to do so.
In particular we recognise the importance of working responsibly and to the highest standards with our fellow employees, suppliers, customers and local communities. Our objectives include:
- To recruit and promote staff on the basis of their suitability for the employment opportunity without discrimination on any grounds.
- To require all our businesses to seek confirmation that our suppliers, and in particular our overseas textile suppliers, adopt appropriate labour practices including a fair and honest approach to their employees and anyone with whom they trade.
- To deal openly and honestly with our customers and to provide products and services giving good value, consistent quality and reliability; and
- To demonstrate our commitment to protecting the environment, and to consider our obligations to communities in which we operate.
All staff are responsible for developing and maintaining practices that ensure compliance with the policy.